Nominate somebody who makes that extra effort now!
The 24th Annual Awards, promoted by the Understanding Disability Group, will be presented in six categories: Volunteer, Teacher/Learning Support Assistant (LSA) or School/College, Local group, Employer, Child or group of children and a Professional. The awards recognise the active engagement and commitment of integrating people with learning disabilities in the community.
Applicants need to demonstrate how a person with a learning disability has been included in the community, what steps have been taken to overcome discrimination and the methods used to encourage good practice.
Winners will be presented with a plaque and/or certificate at an Awards Ceremony in the Autumn. Last year, the Awards recipients were:
- Bozena Solska of Maindee Primary School, (Teacher/Learning Support Assistant - School Category)
- Newport People First Golden Oldies Group – (Local Group)
- Tracy Pallant, Into Film – See it Make it (Professional Category)
- Cardiff & Vale University Health Board (Employer Category) and
- Wave Project Cymru of Port Talbot (Volunteer Category)
The Understanding Disability Group is an initiative of Cardiff & the Vale Parents Federation and includes representation from Cardiff Council, the Vale of Glamorgan Council, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Local Health Board and Voluntary Organisations.
For further information please contact: