Universal Credit - roll-out starts on 28th February!!
Universal Credit is a single monthly payment that will replace the six means tested benefits below:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credits
- Child Tax Credits
- Housing Benefit
There are four key changes to which claimants will need to adapt:
- A single monthly payment to the household
- Paid monthly in arrears
- Universal Credit Housing Cost Element (help for rent) paid directly to the claimant not the Landlord
- Claims to be made and maintained online.
- Paid into a bank account
- Payments may be reduced or stopped through sanction
For more details click here