Family Information Service - FIS
Support for families in your area
To receive information directly you can have your child added to your local Disability Index - you may be missing out on so much if you are not on the index so it is well worthwhile!
For more information of the Cardiff Family Information service click here
For more information on the Vale of Glamorgan Information Service click here
Vale Families First Advice Line - Family support services
What we do
The Families First Advice Line provides advice and support to families that will enable them to resolve their concerns independently, or will assist in identifying appropriate services to be refer onto.
Families First Advice Line will aim to:
• Listen and provide advice on how you can meet your family’s needs
• Help you identify and access services for your family in the Vale of Glamorgan
• Provide emotional support and practical guidance to help you resolve your family concerns, worries and issues
If we are unable to answer your questions or resolve your concerns we will make every effort to identify a service that can.
The Families First Advice is the single point of access for :
*Team Around the Family
*Vale Parenting Service
*Youth Wellbeing Service
*Flying Start Outreach
*Parent and Young Careers assessments
*Barnardo's Cygnet Programme
Who do we support
Available for families in the Vale of Glamorgan with children aged 0 -18 years old.
The Advice Line is also available to professionals to discuss services for families they are supporting.
Is there a charge to use this service?
Can anyone use this service?
Service details for this family support services
Language: English with use of bilingual elements
- Confidence in caring for children with disabilities YesProvide advice for parents with children with disabilities/additional needs
- Are staff DBS checked? Yes
- 0800 0327 322